Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Art behind Nudity

     As she took off her clothes and laid down all I could think about was.... soft box from the top and meter F8 at 1/125s.  It took me about 5 shots in total to get this one shot.  I had many different concepts and I tried them all but the end result was this.

  

Model: Calvina Parfitt
Photographer/Retoucher: Jevaughn "Squirrely" Simons
Location: Blue Rose Photography Studio, Bermuda
 
     I would personally like to thank the model Calvina Parfitt who did a wonderful job for her first time shooting with me.  I must say it was so good to work with someone that is willing to do anything to get that great image.  Ladies/gents my best advice to models and photographers if you want to create great work everyone has to be on the same page.  Even tho this was Cal's first shoot with me she was open to do anything and in the end this is what we got. It was a long day which included a shoot on location and in the studio which ended up taking 10hrs. Post processing took 6hrs in photoshop and classes are available upon request.  To see more pictures visit http://www.squirrelphotography.com/.

     I just want to set this straight at least from my part on behalf of guys that mentor me and have shown me the path.  Not everyone that picks up a camera is a perv and wants to get girls naked.  They pick up a camera because they want people to see the world through there eyes.  They capture a naked body in a way that you haven't seen.  Photography is an art look at a person work and you will see.  Stay reading because there is more to come.

To be continued...... 

3 comments:

  1. Very tastefully and artfully done, Sir Squirrel.
    Thanks for continuing to be a real good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Dana said....and most people don't realize how a true photographer works thanks for telling the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said buddy. Unfortunately its not going to change peoples views but we will keep trying to make a difference in this world one image at a time

    ReplyDelete