Friday 13 May 2011

Life After School

     Everyone has seen my work,what I have created and the determination behind it.  Well ill give you a little insight on where it all came from.  I haven't been a photographer for long I picked up my first camera late 2008 so I am new to this photography thing so lets just fill in the pieces.

     After graduating from Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Jan 2004 I took the path of racing motorcycles a bit more serious as in by then I had been racing for 4 years already.  It was a dream of mines to stand on that number one spot and smile.  It took me awhile to get there but all my friends showed me the way.  At the end of 04 I ventured to Mexico where I did my first international race and took two 4th places. I then traveled to Miami to get my race licence. While racing both in Miami I took 2 second places a 3rd place and one 5th place.  With this knowledge I took it home and wanted to take on the big boys.

21 - Myself, 17- Cyril Whitter, 69 - Late Toriano Wilson R.I.P.


       I carried on for a few more years taking multiple wins, podium spots, and the spills that you hear about but never see.  I travel to the states many times to race on the large tracks which help me gain so much more experience.  Then the bug hit me I needed to get off the island and race in the states.  With this in mind in 2007 the best opportunity in the world was dropped in my lap.

     Aaron Brown of AB-1 Motorsports was looking for a none American rider to ride his bike for the 2008 Wera National race season.  Did I take the job HELL YEAH!!!! and well here's how it went.  We did test in Nov 07 and Jan 08 where he was impressed by my skill level, contracts were signed and I was ready.  My first race in March of 08 I took two first places which surprised me coming from little old Bermuda I didn't think it was possible.  On average of every 3 weeks I was flying over to the US to do a race. From east coast to the west coast and how much fun I had.

Left - Brandon Cretu, Right - Me
Location - Miller Motorsports Park

     I must say this road wasn't an easy one  I lost two great friends that year that helped me along Kyle Pemintal and Toriano Wilson.  Kyle was the foundation of my racing he was the one person that when I was ready to give up inspire me to carry on he was the one that gave me the vision while in Bermuda to not stop keep going and you have the skill to make it to the top.  Toriano well him and I never got to see who could hit the most US tracks in one year but it was good to have someone to talk to on those nights when no one else was around.  R.I.P. My friends I couldn't have done it with out your inspiration.  

     Knowing that 1/2 way through the season I was on my way to winning my first championship I pushed on.  I took my first championship at Summit Point Raceway and it was a feeling like no other.  After 10 years of racing I took my first championship not on home soil but somewhere else.  With one in the bag I moved on to the next race at Barber Motorsports Park where there in a heated battle from start to finish I took first place on the last lap on the last corner to take my second championship. This was a dream come true.


Barber Motorsports Park
Picture taken at turn 5
On my chamipionship run
   The picture above is what got me to pick up a camera and take pictures. The first thing that popped into my head was I am sure I can create images this great. I know I am on a long path to get to the top but if it takes another 10 years to reach my dream lets have it.  I did it once before and I am sure I can do it again.  So from one dream to another and a new chapter has began continue to follow my blog and see how I progress.

"Feel the passion I See."

No comments:

Post a Comment